Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I'm driving to fry's in Natomas when a woman in a camery whips a right turn from the center lane about three feet in front of me. So I slam on the brakes and pitch it sideways and JUST manage to avoid hitting her, She keeps driving, no stop no nothing. So I call the cops and dispatch says someone's on the way. I followed her to walmart and waited. No show, so I call again and the next dispatcher tells me no one was sent. So I told her I'm parked next to the lady at walmart. She wouldn't send anyone unless I agreed to sign a citizens arrest and go to court. I said I would.
So then the lady comes out and I told her politely to wait as I had called an officer. She agreed. But no officer showed up. Finally she gets angry, still claiming she'd done nothing wrong, and leaves because she's late for a baby shower. She wouldn't give me her information and proceeded to drive away. I waited a but more, still no cop. So now I'm home, it's a half hour later and I've heard nothing from them!
Thanks a lot sac PD! You get tickets for going 5 over but when someone almost kills or seriously injures people (three people in my foz, and her, her 3 or 4 year old daughter and her mother in the camery) they don't show up.
I'm amazed I avoided hitting her (completely scrubbed the sides of my tires and just about blew a bead), I was maybe 6 inches away from her car still going about 30. I would have hit right on the passenger door where her mother was sitting. I can't believe an officer didn't show up for this! And no calls from them since!

End rant... thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, know they get stuck steering wheels and pedals!
But I did gain some respect for the forester's handling abilities.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
Sad, but cops have their hands full in the big cities (I usta live in the foothills above Sac)

Maybe you did something by confronting her in a civil manner...

it's a jungle out there, but be glad you are in one of the best vehicles to handle it.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^
Agreed! Still sore she got away with nothing. And somewhat worried about my front left tire (sidewall is totally scrubbed). But overall, glad nothing worse happened and it's done with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts