Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Local crew "team blew" hosted an awesome small event this past wknd. Great weather, and almost perfect track layout. As usual...getting Foresters to cough up $30 to have the best time of their life/learn the ropes of their beautiful modded cars, was always a challenge.

One local "tussen" got a late call on friday night at 9:30 pm..with an invite for a last minute drop-out for Sat. morning...his preparation immediately begun. Did I mention he has a one WEEK old baby? Wi-Five to the wife for granting an all day hall pass!!

Well, if you are not familiar with our cars....we are autos, similar mods, with the exception I have a vf39 sti tmic (305/368) him, blouch 2.5 xtr spearco tmic (350/365). I was running RE01-r w/ 50% and he had general A/S with 30% left.

I will leave predictions up for a bit to gather thoughts on the outcome. One thing to be noted is that on our 2nd sesh, we pulled ABS fuse...2 runs later, we decided to leave it in 2nd...after realizing that most manuals weren't hitting third anyways. After a bit of getting used to the brakes, our times collectively were improving.

Here are a few pics and vids. I AM STILL WORKING on getting my videos flipped, as I recorded in car footage upside down (last minute ghetto set-up). But sending off the vids to a friend with fancy editing software & hopefully he can rotate (final cut?). In the meantime, here are some randoms....unfortunately no photogs were in the field for slo-mo pics.

More pics and proper vids to come...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I44fbUz6Sf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHX2s4CVVNo

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 XT
825 Posts
great video JE!! man i should really try and go to watch the next one :D show some support for the foresters

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great video JE!! man i should really try and go to watch the next one :D show some support for the foresters
You should definitely come out...unless you are scared of cones, you could participate too.:icon_wink:

you go sub-85?
Last run...me 86 & Chris-85....needless to say he was stoked, as was I.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
nice! time to get you stiffer so you can go faster on the turns and go sub-79.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Forester
22 Posts
Yeah awesome vids, makes me wonder why I did not go for turbo power!

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice! time to get you stiffer so you can go faster on the turns and go sub-79.
I don't know if I am ready yet...but definately need lower+stiffer to cut 5 seconds.

nice vids! dont yas just love 80+ second courses!
All I want is more...is that love or addiction?:banana:

Man, that looks really weird upside down. iMovie should flip it just fine.
I don't see rotate or flip in the effects options. Could you give me tips?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts