Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
08 WRX 5 door
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed the lug nuts the tire rack gave me with my superleggra wheels are showing signs of rust from the winter elements. the wheels are fine. anyone know any web sites that sell suby sized stainless steel lug nuts or is some other metal perferable?

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
I assume they won't work, but I have an extra set of OEM lugs around.

If not... I think you can get all sorts of fun lugs from subydude.

D

·
0 Posts
I also got rims and tries from the tire rack and the lugs have rusted also. :"(

·
Registered
08 WRX 5 door
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blitzoid said:
I assume they won't work, but I have an extra set of OEM lugs around.

If not... I think you can get all sorts of fun lugs from subydude.
thanks for the offer. i still have the OEM lugs. I want to replace the rusty lugs in the spring with something nice, new and shiney.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
definately stay away from the kyokugen aluminum lug nuts, the key is junk so they strip and are stuck on your wheels...hammering sockets onto the lugs is the only way of removal.

I blew through almost a dozen sockets trying to remove those damn things. This was on my old wrx w/ rota wheels.

+1 for Mcgard lugs

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
37 Posts
Bump of an old thread:

I have McGard spline drives for my Superleggeras and I'm happy with them. however, my OEM lug nuts are getting rusty and, beside that, the chrome finish is IMO a bit garish next the OEM alloy wheel finish.

Has anyone found a good replacement to use with the OEM 16" XT alloys?

Thanks,
Ed

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Use McGard's with your stockers!

I have a set of McGards on the wrx with Prodrive P7's... Nice.... although I had a heck of a time finding a small lug wrench to toss in the back of the Rex in case of flat. Should probably just buy a cheapie ratchet & socket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts