Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey... I replaced my disc brake rotors all around. For some reason, the hub area of the rotors is surface rusting badly. Is this normal? Should I have painted this part of the rotor with a clearcoat or something?

Should I address this? It looks like crap, especially since I took the time to paint my calipers gold.

How should I address it? I'm thinking pull each rotor, hit the rust with steel wool, then mask the face of the rotors and spray a clearcoat on the hubs (??)
Would there be an easier solution?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Bobby!

I have leftover engine enamel from the calipers, but that might be too much gold. I would think any engine enamel would work, right?

Walt

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,944 Posts
The paint needs to be rated high temperature. I like the Rust-Oleum BBQ black, since it goes on very light, so there's no build up. I suspect any high temperature paint would work. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
This is the reason I always get coated rotors like the Centric blanks. Painting it will work as well. You could also coat the mating surface of the hub-rotor and then the mating surface of the rotor-wheel with some antiseize.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts