Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does this rust look bad? check out the **** spray job as well. and the WD40/traffic muck finish :)

Subaru Forester Owners Forum

should I go with a replacement tailgate for 75 quid in the same colour rust-free from ipswich instead?

mike

apologies for poor picture skills. it's even upside down! god knows how tha happened ?? :banana:

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seriously? Man I am so out of touch these days? Cheers for the heads up. I'm off to Ipswich!

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NICE one Don. Even better. Bloody long way though :( 50 quid delivered!!!!!!! ouch :(

was looking at this diagram and wondering if some one can fill me in on meaning of symbol top right. Air hammer?? Hope not.

let's see if I can post this pic better....

Attachments

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
As Rally58man...............

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
332 Posts
does this rust look bad? check out the **** spray job as well. and the WD40/traffic muck finish :)

Subaru Forester Owners Forum

should I go with a replacement tailgate for 75 quid in the same colour rust-free from ipswich instead?

mike

apologies for poor picture skills. it's even upside down! god knows how tha happened ?? :banana:
Mine is starting to go as well, but no so bad. What's the best way to catch and treat it now before it gets much worse.

ubdai

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
Mine is starting to go as well, but no so bad. What's the best way to catch and treat it now before it gets much worse.
ubdai
+1 I've never had to repair rust before so any tips would be appriciated, especially to treat the the inside of the boot skin that I can't get to.

I have a rusty bum lip ;)

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spoke with both Ivan and Imprezabreakers and no silver SF5 tailgates floating about, si a repair job it will be!

Got a good sprayer in Sheff, seen his work on pal's Jag Mk 2, Roller and Amazon, and it looks good :)

Now to get that damn wiper arm off!

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1 I've never had to repair rust before so any tips would be appriciated, especially to treat the the inside of the boot skin that I can't get to.

I have a rusty bum lip ;)
mdg recommended a good rust treatment which turns bad metal into good metal apparently :huh:

can't remember what it was called though! get a knife out and get hacking is my advice :)

·
Registered
98 2.0 GLS AWP
51 Posts
I've been using Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 on mine.. strange thing is the front of the car looks fine, for twelve years old I'm amazed.. the back however looks like it's spent every single day at sea..

The Hydrate 80 is a paint that turns the rust black and solid again, I'll put up some pics shortly..

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
howdy! It is exactly the same case with my car. Rut all over the place on the rear and the front/sills/arches are spotless. Go figure ?? !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts