Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Well after months of fun with the accessport I had to unmarry it to my computer. I was told by friends that my car looked as if it were running to lean. A lot of smoke under hard acceleration. That's because they were behind me in their '05 E500 and '97 911 Carrera (heh heh), anyway I didn't think much of it because I thought they were bitter at the fact that I took them off a red light.

Here I am two weeks later and my car is "jerky" in lower rpm ranges. I was a half hour from home and thought "let me get it home". 2 blks from the house the CEL light and blinking cruise light comes on. I used the handy dandy AP and it gave me the OBD P0171 code which is "system running to lean". Keep in mind I am completely stock otherwise. Has anyone experienced this. How much damage can running lead do to an engine? I will let you know how it runs after reverting back to stock. This was suggested by cobb for a couple hundred miles. He also suggested I clean my fuel injectors....

PS. PS the smiley was supposed to go in the body of this post where I beat my friends cars...trust me I am really not happy about running lean.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I reverted back to stock....CEL flashing and car is hesitating BIG TIME. RPM's are going haywire. What do you guys think? I guess I will have to do a dealer visit.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Hopefully somone with an AP will chime in, but I'd probably try an ECU reset by unplugging the battery. Call COBB before that though to make sure there won't be any issues. I couldn't tell from your posts, but did these problems start after you unmarried your AP, or while it was still installed? Removing the AP should actually make you richer I believe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts