Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the all-weather front mats for the SG Forester-

They come with some sort of hook (?) whcih i'm guessing is to secure the mats, but i dont see where this is supposed to go. Anybody have a shot how the hook attaches to the vehicle?

regards,

_D

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow - those husky mats are nice

i guess it's a peg - but there's no where to mount it in the floor- I must be missining a part...

thanks

_D

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep - thats it ogo-

now i see my problem - the backing obviously disappeared somewhere beneath the carpet...

_D

G

·
0 Posts
Wow those Husky liners look just like what I need.

Does anyone know how to get those over here (UK)? Or if it came down to importing them, would they fit RH drive cars?

·
Registered
2006 Forester
174 Posts
I like the Husky design because it has that "lip" along the sides BUT the OEM mats are grooved so if you get snow/slush/water in the car, it sinks between the grooves and keeps your feet from slushing around in the mess. No I can't decide which one to get:confused:

Dammit, why do I have to analyze every little thing:roll:

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Yeah, the Subaru mats are a bargin for all 4 at $40. I paid about $130 for the Husky front and rear. My main reason for the Husky Liner is that it's easy to clean and has a good lip to hold junk in. I just wipe them with a damp rag.

I'm in a warm area so I don't need grooves for snow/mud or water. My main mess is grass and that sand that sticks to shoes from parking lots. The rear I like for covering the hump. The Huskyliners are thin but I've never had one wear out or had any holes develop.

If you're around a lot of snow, mud or wet stuff a lot, I'd get the Subaru mats.

·
Registered
2006 Forester
174 Posts
I'll look at the catalog but for the record- it kinds sucks! Searching for a part is so non-intuitive- and I have searched through dozens and dozens of catalogs online.

It does help when I go to the home page and search by vehicle but then I end up with two carts. I don't know if I have the patience for this :)

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I've been using the OEM rubber mats all winter. I love them. They are plenty deep to hold all the snow on my boots after snowboarding, and it is much easier to shake the pine needles from them then the carpet mats. You can't beat the price Subiegal has them for either. That's where I got mine :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts