Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw on rsr that the XT lowering springs drop more than the non XT, does anyone know if I could put the XT lowering springs on my 2.5 and if it would drop it the same?

· Super Duper Admin Guy
3,165 Posts
Hey @JulianDKay,

What is overrall intention? Decent drop or....?

Technically, they should give you the drop you want with bringing up the stiffness where it should be from factory, imo.

How many miles are on your struts? If higher mileage... You may want to swap them out at the same time too.

I have Swift Springs. ~1.6" drop and the Bilstein B6's on mine. Are you looking for a bigger drop than that?

Regarding the Swifts, I found out afterwards the SJ springs fit my SH. I would have loved the higher spring rate.... Anything above 5k would be too stiff for a daily driver, imo.

Knowing the old adage of friends don't let friends have wheel gap... But I'm okay with the amount I have and the ride quality too. Trying to get anything lower will necessitate coilovers and camber plates. The caster gets all sorts of funky when we lower them.

(Generic look up of a `15 Forester)

Strut/Springs

Meghan Racing Coilovers - Prototypes with 5k spring rates F/R

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the drop of the XT springs, I’ve seen pictures of it on these forums and it’s just the perfect drop where it looks nice and still functional, the non XT lowering springs drop almost half an inch less which makes it look just as boaty as it does now from the pictures I’ve seen so I was wondering if the XT ones would be fine since it’s the same chassis and such. My struts only have like 15k on them so no rush to replace them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts