Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all ! I’m back again with a issue. Ok on June 2 I was driving back from a bud garage who’s about 18mi away from me. Now I had recently installed a Perrin turbo inlet to a knockoff td04 that the previous owner had installed from eBay (did not have a chance to change it yet) well when I installed the inlet the bov hose wouldn’t line up with the factory bpv. I made a block off plate and drove it to his shop again 18mi away (ebay turbo) and did what I could to stay out of boost got there got a new 2017 sti bpv and installed it and got about 1/8th of a mi down the road and boom marble sounds! Limped it back to the garage pulled the inlet and two blades broke off the turbo and said good bye. We put on a factory td04 on her and a catless uppipe since the studs on my old uppipe also decided to break off 🤦‍♂️. Well the problem is is that the car runs rough and will stall sometimes pulling into a parking spot ran fine before the blown turbo. I went back over everything and made sure all hoses were tight nothing moved ect. I did a smoke test with the chance Maby something was torn but to no avail sadly. I did find a small pre-turbo uppipe leak connecting to the manifold that I cant fix so I’m currently welding them together to fix that issue (bent flange) any thoughts as to what would cause the rough running at idle and normal driving staying out of boost it shakes a bit unless I let off please help !!

Ps had to use my stock wrx intercooler over the fxt one of it makes a difference!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe its been documented that many silicone intakes need a bit of muscle to fit the turbo location but I'm surprised a Perrin did.

Were you able to verify that none of the exploded turbo components made it into the engine?
That is step 1 to ensure more damage wasn't caused than just the turbo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t done that yet when i pulled off the tmic i did not notice any metal shavings like when the turbo went bad before. However I did notice that the po has new boost control lines ran and the turbo ate the restrictor pill....so boost is limited to 8 psi but it shakes really bad a

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rough running - blown turbo FIXED

Found the issue somehow cyl 3 injector some how got depinned I have replaced the connector and now all is well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts