Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car is sick man.very impressive. Giving me the motivation to start my engine build that ive been putting off on my 07. What did this make for power with the 3576?

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Car is sick man.very impressive. Giving me the motivation to start my engine build that ive been putting off on my 07. What did this make for power with the 3576?
Appreciate it. I don't officially know what it's making just yet, but I should have it on the dyno in the next few weeks. My tuner is thinking somewhere over 600hp. I believe it. It feels much faster now than with the Dom 1.5XTR.

·
Registered
2007 FXT
13 Posts
This thing is ridiculous... ridiculously awesome haha. I bet you've caught more than a few guys off guard with it.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Haha, yeah it would probably be funny to get a picture of their reaction, rear facing camera, or something. Has anyone tried to race you yet? How'd the car handle?
I can neither confirm nor deny, but I will say after it's all said and done, they give me a wide berth.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This thing is nuts nice work!
Thanks man. Car is currently being re-sprayed. So shoulda have a new color to show off when its done in the next few days.

Another minor update, installed a fuelab 6 micron fuel filter. Should keep the injectors nice and clog free.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Installed a 2.5NA short runner intake manifold and an aluminati turbo resevoir. Plenum is massive compared to the nonexistent one on my previous manifold.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport
11 Posts
Awesome build!!! Patiently waiting for videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Awesome build!!! Patiently waiting for videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. There's a new dyno being setup in town, so right now I'm just waiting on that so I can get my tune tweaked for the new manifold and finally see what power she's putting out. I plan on recording some videos.
Unfortunately, the track out here is closed until Feb 29th, so no drag racing until then.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Never mentioned it, but I removed the intake pipe and filter and put on a turbo guard. Just wasn't happy with how close the filter sat on top of the intercooler pipe. I thought the turbo was loud before, Jesus, that was nothing.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Tomorrow's the day. Car will finally be on the dyno. I'll post some pics and a video.

·
Registered
2006 FXT 6MT
2,669 Posts
Cool, I have a very similar build with some differences like 3582 and I didn't go closed deck. Tuned at 26 psi right now but getting ready to re-tune with my old tuner (Torqued) and aim for 30+. Not my first 600+ hp Subaru, but a 6 speed Forester is always a riot.

Yeah, unfortunately either the photos don't do the new paint justice or it's not quite what you were going for.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester XT 5MT
190 Posts
I'm almost certain I saw this posted on CL for sale a little while back. Did you change your mind? Very nice build, hope you continue it = )

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm almost certain I saw this posted on CL for sale a little while back. Did you change your mind? Very nice build, hope you continue it = )
It was on craigslist for sale and was sold as of today. However wanted to get it on the dyno to get some numbers for the next owner and myself lol. It made 616WHP/610WTQ on ethanol @ 32PSI and 5500' DA.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts