Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALL....

I just got my 1st Subi last week, a Forester 2.5XT. I already purchased brand new 18' Enkei GTC01 rims(sitting in my shed) but im NOT sure what tyre size i should put on... LOL

I also want to know what i can do to get that signature boxer sound from my new ride..

Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
I assume you meant 18"... since an 18' rim would be massive :lol:

depending on what size you bought, I assume 8" width... I'd suggest either a set of 245/40 or 245/45's
It'd be helpful if you added which year Forester you own in your signature.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Hi ALL....

I just got my 1st Subi last week, a Forester 2.5XT. I already purchased brand new 18' Enkei GTC01 rims(sitting in my shed) but im NOT sure what tyre size i should put on... LOL

I also want to know what i can do to get that signature boxer sound from my new ride..

Thanks!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to get the typical Subaru boxer grumble is to change out the headers, right?

·
Registered
98 forester
26 Posts
actually I took out the oem muffler and put in a generic brand racing muffler( I have pics on my first thread) and the sound comes right out nicely.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys...

Opps.... :Banane17:

Yeah its a 2010 Forester 2.5XT (lol)... and the rims are 18inch x 7.5. I went to 3 different tyre shops and all 3 gave me different option sizes, MY BAD im LOST.

What about 235/45/18?

I gezz ill have to change my mufflers for the signature sound then!

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 JDM STi SG9
251 Posts
Hey mate welcome.

Its important to retain the stock tyres rolling diameter, so you can use a site like this one:

Tire size calculator

to enter your OEM tyre size and then it let you check if your new desired tyre will be of the correct rolling diameter. in Australia I think we can go 10mm smaller than stock and up to 15mm larger but that probably varies from state to state.

Where did you buy the new rims from? I am interested in getting a set for my Foz too. but maybe the 8" wide ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts