('14-'18) 
696 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  oggie 
#1 ·
I purchased:
double din kenwood dmx906s
kenwood speakers KFC-1696PS
and kenwood sub for under the seat: ksc-sw11

for my 2016 touring.

Now, I haven't installed anything so I don't know how it's going to sound... so if I decide I want to add an external amp in case the kenwood doesn't cut the mustard, I'd like to put it in the dash with the HU or somewhere in that general area since I don't intend on running speaker wires to the door and will just use the stocks wires (I know, they're not great, but I'm ok with that).

Has anyone done that? Is there lots of room in there? What have you used that fits well in there?

I was also thinking about the tweeters... I have the upgraded kickers in there... most of these mini amps are 4 channel. I guess I could drive the front doors and tweeters on the same channel, but that changes the ohms being driven from the amp.

#3 ·
@stilup Where exactly did you put the radio amp? Behind the HU? Under the HU? It would be nice to be able to put it and the maestro idatalink somewhere so I can get at them without removing the HU...

The idatalink seems to have regular firmware updates, so being able to remove it easily is ideal.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.