Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just joined the group. We are looking for rooftop tent or a mini camper for our Forrester. Any recommendations?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,067 Posts
@evanswartz I see you're new to the forum, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

The Google custom forum search is pretty good.

Take a look at my Google custom forum search results for "roof top tent" & "mini camper". :wink:

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester
2 Posts
I just recently went with the ikamper skycamp 2.0 due to its 4 person capacity and being hard shell was a huge plus. Have yet to receive it but will surely post a picture when I do.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring CVT7
230 Posts
costco will have sale on
Silverwing Clam Shell 86" x 51" Mounted Rooftop 2-person Tent
starting May 1st

·
Registered
2016 XT Premium
269 Posts
The best tent depends on your budget and intended usage. If you plan to drive to a destination and park it for a few days to hike/bike out of a base camp, the 'soft-shell' tents (CVT, Tepui, Smittybilt...) are much cheaper and can be made very comfortable. If you plan to do long road trips and camp in different spots along the way, the hard-shell will be worth the extra initial investment.

I have a Smittybilt overlander tent that I really enjoy, but its a drag on MPG on long trips, and less than a pleasure to frequently setup and take down. I usually drive somewhere and park it for 3-4 days to ride bikes then drive home, which is great for what I have. But with a more aerodynamic and quicker deploying hard-shell I would consider different kinds of trips I think.
@denissh how do you know the tent from Costco is going on sale soon? It looks legit, do you have one of them? Its already cheaper than the competition its gonna be quite temping when on sale...

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring CVT7
230 Posts
@denissh how do you know the tent from Costco is going on sale soon? It looks legit, do you have one of them? Its already cheaper than the competition its gonna be quite temping when on sale...
i got Advertisement from Costco in the mail
no, i do not have one

its on sale now

$1,799.99 After $200 OFF
$200 manufacturer's savings** is valid 5/1/19 through 5/28/19. While supplies last. Limit 5 per member.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited CVT
29 Posts
I have the Yakima Skyrise 3 system. For a starter roof top tent, I couldn't pass on it for the price I got at REI ($750).

The attachment system makes it really easy to take on and off for trips since I can't fit in my garage with it mounted up top.

Someday I'd like to upgrade to a hard shell pop up James Barroud, but that's out of my price range at the moment.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts