Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 2007 Forester yesterday. It is our first Subaru and I am really looking forward to driving it! We have previously driven vans, so could just throw our skis inside as there was plenty of room. Now I need to come up with a roof top system, but don't want to spend tons of money. Our Forester does not have the cross bars, so will I need to get some? Or is there a Thule that will just fit onto the side bars? Forgive my ignorance and thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Yep, you'll definitely need some cross bars! I gave my old ones away when I swapped to Thule. Watch craigslist and check local junkyards. Check out Kanga Roof pouches if you want a waterproof bag. If you want a box, craigslist is probably your best route to save some coin.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Check out WalMart, Sears and Canadian Tire for the Karrite line of cargo carriers. They may not all carry the line but should be able to order for you. I know I've seen them in these stores in Ontario.
These are budget cargo carriers made by Thule to fill the low end market. They are much thinner than a Thule but you can use Thule crossbars to mount it and they are lockable for your skis protection. As others mentioned you can probably find the crossbars and assorted pieces you'll need, used, just do a little homework first.

Let us know when you find a solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts