Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma 5 speed
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheapest place to order Yakima, thule or any other brand roof racks? 2019 forester

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,865 Posts
@StiForester19 Looks like you might have to do your own research - then you can perhaps advise us of the best place to order these products ;-)
you don't have to research too much, when I can lend a hand :wink2:

come on its a fact giving forum …. on your toes lad.

·
Premium Member
2005 xt 6mt
114 Posts
When I was looking a few years ago, I found etrailer.com to have the best price for what I was looking for, might give them a look.
I wasn't looking for crossbars though, just a roof basket. I ended up with a Rola which has been great.

aaron

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma 5 speed
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol Ebay or Amazon? Looking for Yakima roof bike rack and the wind fairing. Will the fairing fit?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
169 Posts
Searched the internet for the best pricing on a roof rack for my 2019 Sport. Went with the Thule and found eBay to be the cheapest even with having to pay the sales tax.

This set up sold for $419.95 with free shipping.
Thule Evo Raised Rail Base (Part #:710401)
Thule Evo Wingbar Aluminum bars (Part #:711220)
Thule One-Key System (Part #:450400)

Cost me an additional $30 because the state of RI now shakes down eBay to collect 7% sales tax on all purchases.
Have seen them for less at etrailers (without locks) but only when they have a factory discount sale.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After shopping around I actually went with the Subaru OEM bars from my 2019 Sport, $170, and picked up a Thule Box off FB marketplace for $300. Definitely saved me some moolah.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
169 Posts
The plan is to put a roof top tent on my 2019 Sport.

The factory Subaru Aero crossbars SOA367019 do not support the use of roof top tents, as stated in the 2019 Forester Accessories catalog.
The Subaru factory Aero-Extended bars SOA567X010 which are actually a Thule product, are suitable for use with roof top tents, as stated in the 2019 Forester Accessories catalog.

I was going to purchase the Aero- Extended from my local Subaru parts guy, however he said they only come in the silver color and I wanted black.

The Thule WingBar Evo set-up is rated for 220 pounds which is a significantly heavier rating than many others and far greater than the roof rail capacity. The tent only weighs 116 pounds, but no harm with the extra strength. Better to have it and not need it than have buyer's remorse.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport, White
26 Posts
I just installed a Frontrunner rack on my 20’ Sport. Has anyone added the wind faring? I’m curious how it works with the moonroof.

·
Registered
2002 Civic si; 2018 Forester XT
1 Posts
How do you like the front runner? How much wind noise does it create? Any idea how much it impacts your MPG?

I’m looking at them now.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport, White
26 Posts
I like it so far. It’s a little noisy with the two little wind bars they give you. I’ll probably get the wind faring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts