Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 14 2.5I and id like to add the rails on the roof sides (forgive my ignorance) as i do stick some sporting goods up there from time to time. Where do i get them, how much, and how do they install?

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited automatic
1 Posts
same question (ish) - wtb - need rack buying advice please

(first post. first new car. first subaru!)

just got a limited 2.5i 2014 forester. want a roof rack. looking to use it for weekend travel, winter sports, and bike carrying. 2 bikes or 2-4 sets of skis/ snowboards.

we had a jetta with thule cross bars, thule ski rack (held 3-4 sets of skis) and thule bike racks (2 - the ones where you remove the front wheel and lock the bike down onto a the track). We are selling the jetta and I am trying to decide whether I keep the cross bars, bike racks, and ski rack or start from scratch. It seems we could keep most of the setup (except the "feet") and therefore not have to invest a whole lot in getting the system to work on the forester.

It looks like we'd need to buy some kind of attachment to get from the factory bars to the thule cross bars. My main starter complaint about that is you seem to gain a little height by going this route and I am short...

I could sell my thule stuff from the jetta and start over or just buy the attachment to go from factory bars to thule and call it a day. This is my first ever new car so I am trying to make good, long term decisions and not be afraid to invest a little in a system that could last 10-15 years...

thoughts?

·
Registered
2014 2.5i manual
79 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts