Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

821 - 834 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
Sub Forester 2.5i
3 Posts
Heres a shot just after we got done driving the "million dollar highway" in South Westish Colorado.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport, White
26 Posts
How do you lik
Frontrunner Outfitters Slimline II roof rack installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you like the rack? Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on one. Spending that much, would mean let it live there permanently.

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
347 Posts
My '01 Forester L came with a tow package which supposedly can support up to 300 lbs on the hitch.
I've searched the web but cannot find anybody with one, not even pictures.
Has anyone ever put a cargo carrier on their 1st gen Forester hitch before? If you can post a link to it I'd appreciate it.

Wasn't sure where to ask this question, figure this roof rack thread would be the best place..

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
237 Posts
It’s a prinsu rack. They just came out with it. I believe they are developing one for 14 and up
You have a prototype? I assume that requires removal of the factory rack?

(I have one of theirs on my Tacoma - great product!)

·
Registered
2011 forester x touring
76 Posts
You have a prototype? I assume that requires removal of the factory rack?

(I have one of theirs on my Tacoma - great product!)
Don’t have the prototype. These were just released. Might be the first in SoCal area to get it. Wanted something full length of roof.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, new to Subaru. Downsized the wife’s suv to find something more economical and fun to drive. 2020 Forester Touring, Sophia Brinze. Lovin the new ride. A little tight with the dogs and looking for a bit more interior space for travel.
Question I’m sure you’ve heard before. No crossbars on the roof rack. What’s the best option here? OEM rails- what years fit? Aftermarket- Thule, yakima, something else? Don’t need a huge cargo carrier, just something to carry enough that my 3 springer spaniels without looking like I’m try to travel cross country with my life’s valuables. Also, I don’t mind finding something used.
respectfully Ken

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester XT
58 Posts
So I have a question maybe someone can answer.

I have oem cross bars on my 06 forester. It seems even with the adjustments all the way out I cannot get the the cross bar to slide all the way forward. Almost like the roof has a taper to it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Edit figured it out

821 - 834 of 834 Posts