Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 820 Posts

·
Registered
03 Forester Slushbox
91 Posts
Im looking to get something on mine also i want it for my fishing rods for went i go to save having to stick them in the back on the fozzie.

Can anyone suggest anything or anywhere to look over in the uk
used to have one of these. Thule used to make these but stopped production a couple of years ago. You can still find them on ebay though. Thule CastAway 885

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
262 Posts
Yeahhhhh, so it's pronounced TOOL-LEE...gotcha...was I embarassed :confused: .

Anywho, the guys at Outdoor Sports hooked me up...

Thule Rack, Thule Big Mouth and (not pictured but soon will be the Thule Canoe Carrier...ostensibly with the canoe)

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester L MT
15 Posts
Yakima Loadwarrior

I just installed a Yakima Loadwarrior Cargo basket on top of my Subaru Forester. I purchased it off of Craig's List for $200 and saved $100+. I was able to take the third Yakima Copperhead bike tray off of our Lancer. So we now have two vehicle's ready for a cycling excursion at any time. Better images to come... -BA

·
Registered
77 Posts
Heres my 04 with Thule 440 cross bars and some really old bike trays.

So far I am very happy with the setup. Its nice and solid.
► Edit - moderator's note - the images on this post are not recoverable. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have much wind noise with this setup not having the fairing? I am looking at the same rig but want wider bars so I can haul a canoe and box together. Your's looks awfully clean.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester L MT
15 Posts
The more bikes the merrier:

In addition to the Yakima LoadWarrior; I was able to find a two Yakima steelhead trays with locks at a garage sale for $100, plus fork mounts and bars. Now two or three bike on the Forester and on the Lancer.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Prem
89 Posts
I just added the yakima Lowrider towers and round crossbars to my 09 X-prem. The wind noise significantly increased. I have the Windjammer foil on both bars, but they make little difference. I have had Yak Raks on my previous two Subarus ('88 GL-10 and '97 Legacy Wagon), but they both had the old school large wind fairings. So I am thinking about adding a new Yakima fairing to my rack, but have some concerns. I have the front bar placed as far forward on the rails as possible, but even doing so I think the fairing will rest on the moon roof. Is this a problem? It looks like a few of you may have done this. I had a moon roof on my GL-10, but the fairing rested just in front of it. My second concern is the gap between the roof and the fairing, does this whistle? The old fairings had no gap, but did leave a permanent mark after being up there awhile. I think I might just pick one up and give it a try. REI currently has all Yakima products 20% off through this Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,161 Posts
My setup is:

~~Coleman Safari Basket mounted to stock cross bars
~~Coleman Ski Rack mounted to the basket via Yakima "Snaparounds"

► Edit - moderator's note - the images on this post are not recoverable. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Prem
89 Posts
Anthrogrian, what kind of tires are you running? They look pretty mean on that Foz.

I can't wait to find a Yakima LoadWarrior for a good price, used or new doesn't matter. I'd get the extension as well.
Check out REI, Yakima sale through Sunday... Yakima LoadWarrior Rooftop Basket from REI.com
Yakima LoadWarrior Rooftop Basket

$254.99, reg $319.00*
REDUCED PRICEYou Save 20%

Yakima Load Warrior Extension

$91.99, reg $115.00*
REDUCED PRICEYou Save 20%

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's a quick pic of my 1 week old(to me) Forester, ready for race season. Yakima rack. Now I just need the wheels and springs!

61 - 80 of 820 Posts