Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 817 Posts

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2,386 Posts
rackage:

It's kind of odd to see green... there's about 5 feet of snow piled up on either side of my driveway now...

^^ with the wheel forks mounted to the roof rack.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Thanks! Glad you like it. It's a ridiculously sturdy rack. Holds set of 4 tires and wheels (and my AT2s are NOT light) with ease.

Basically it's the Yakima Load Warrior with the extension, however I got mine at Costco (Coleman brand) and got the extension on Amazon. I believe they're sold out, but here's the thread if you want to check it out:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28182

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Shovel and ax Yakima mounts added to the Coleman basket with extension, also got the AT up there (just tied down tho, don't have the spare tire mount). Put these up two weekends ago, dang is it nice having the shovel and ax up out of the way!!

► Edit - moderator's note - the image on this post is not recoverable. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Thanks! Gets some spectacular looks from other Subaru drivers around here (I bet we have the highest number of subarus per capita here, it's kinda insane). Soon hoping to add hi-lift and respective mount. If another member doesn't come up with a steel bumper setup that takes my money first! (heck if I could find the thread on it, maybe it's been deleted....)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
hmm i assume that it helps reducing wind noise i guess eh?
I guess it's supposed to, but the ski carrier sticking up above it doesn't help any. :lol: Actually, you can't hear it with the windows up, even at highway speeds. I haven't really tried it with the windows down yet (too cold). Of course, I'll remove the ski carrier in another month, so I don't think it will be too bad with the windows down.

·
Registered
81 Posts
box--rack......rack--box

Not sure how I want to go...

box is more secure and weather proof but need a hitch mount for bikes and cant hold tall items

Rack is unsecured and not weather proof but I can add a bike rack on top to carry gear and bike at same time...and will hold taller items like coolers

Im leaning towards a box and a hitch mounted bike rack...need to research those...do they really impede access to rear hatch when bikes are loaded?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Im looking to get something on mine also i want it for my fishing rods for went i go to save having to stick them in the back on the fozzie.

Can anyone suggest anything or anywhere to look over in the uk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks! Gets some spectacular looks from other Subaru drivers around here (I bet we have the highest number of subarus per capita here, it's kinda insane). Soon hoping to add hi-lift and respective mount. If another member doesn't come up with a steel bumper setup that takes my money first! (heck if I could find the thread on it, maybe it's been deleted....)
hey now .....i have to think that there is more subarus up here in maine.....

21 - 40 of 817 Posts