Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Forester
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the roof carrier base on my 2009 Subaru forester . It says that it can be installed / removed without the use of any tools . Is it that easy ? I have been considering buying a cartop carrier but I don't like the fact that the two bars are only 32" apart .

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
I have the same rack on my 09. The tool you need is a little round doohickey which you should have received with the keys to your car. You've got it, right? It's not hard to use, tho I ususally leave the rack up there. Never know when I'm going to need to bring something home from Home Depot with it. We bought the biggest cargo carrier we could find for our 1200m trip this summer and it fit the base carrier just fine. Balanced well and looked good, I was actually surprised. Most cargo carriers will fit no problem, I've got a thread w/pics of ours on the car under the "utility and protection" forum. Search "sears xcargo 20" and you'll find it. Good luck.
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Forester
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't get any round Doohickey with the keys . All I got was the little plate with the key info ............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts