Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
well, the misfire codes always came up within 2 miles. i did between 5 - 10 miles with a few moderate sprints. no freeway miles since the relash and then the CAI & ECM. i kind of wanted to wait till my move to hit the highway so i can mask up some parts of the front-end from chips or any sand blasting lol. but the inner roads are long enough that some zones are 50 mph.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
let me blow the dust off this journal.

ignore the bottom half or the missing mirror. when i was smoothing the covers and the cladding, i remembered why i coated them with bedliner back then -- they were scarred up. i'm going to have to get some unpainted ones later. i want that dark greyish colour to still get a two-tonal look.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
thanks, guys.

once i get some white hazy stuff off the sides and my mirrors back, i'll take some profile shots.

i really want to hit up a junkyard for all the plastic parts. unless someone here has those available...

(Sent from my Android using Tapatalk)

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
that was my first setup. at the time, i didn't. i hadn't even known about them, yet. but that sag was so great that i don't think they would have helped. this is only regarding the 03+ rear wrx wagon springs.

i don't think i got the butt spacers till i got the STi prodrive springs. i had the wrx prodrive springs before that, which were lower (especially the fronts) but not as stiff.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
thanks.

anyone know if a fender roller can be rented? body and auto shops around here don't seem to know where i can get it done. and i don't really trust these guys on craigslist wanting to do it for $60. aww.. damn. really should get tires for my wheels first. and they need to be painted before that. yeah, it'll be a bit longer. haha

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
hey, thanks. yeah, i had been busy traveling for work. the car has been sitting since the beginning of the year. i had to take time off to work on my tranny, then decided to take a bit more time off for the full colour change. and welcome back.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
thought i'd give it a go...

i think the mirrors would probably be the toughest to do especially when they're off the vehicle. the most curved part where the wrap bunches up is extremely tough. i couldn't heat the wrap to shrink the wrinkles any more that i needed.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts