Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just curious, how long did it take to strip and then reinstall the full interior?
^
well, i did these across a few days in 100*F+ degree weather. i'm sure an entire weekend will allow you enough time to strip and re-install everything. all there really is, are the seats, interior paneling and carpet.

---

_taF

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice SF man! What exhaust is that? sounds good
^
thanks. it's just a universal OBX muffler from eBay. i brought it to a local exhaust shop and had them delete the resonator and complete a cat-back.

Whats up with the bulb?
^
they're wired to my parking lights, so, when i have my parking lights on, that yellow bulb in the headlamps will light up as well. they don't take up as much power as the day-time running lights would.

in JDM headlamps, there's usually a small bulb in them referred to as city lights. sorry, but if i still had my JDM headlamps from a Si-R II, i'd take a pictue for ya'll.

---

_taF

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Limited
111 Posts
I like where you're going with the SF. I wish I could let myself do the WRX strut + spring swap but I'm not sure I can afford to sacrifice the clearance. I got stuck on my own driveway this winter and I can't imagine how it would be if I was lower. Are you getting any rub going over rough-ish roads or lock to lock?

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
^
thanks. you could do just the WRX wagon springs like how i first started off. it lowered the vehicle a bit, but still had enough clearance in the front (sort of like those lifted Ford Rangers you see with a higher front-end). but i would recommend using GR-2 struts for the SGs. the WRX struts are a lot shorter and will sacrifice height/clearance if you need it for off-roading/snow. it's really dependant on what terrain you'll be driving through.

the roughest roads i really drive through are the messed up streets with ther pot holes and thick tar lines covering up the cracks on the streets. the lowest suspension combo i've ever had were the WRX Prodrive springs on WRX/STi GR-2 struts. even that was fine lock-to-lock and over bumps/dips -- no rubbing at all with the stock wheels. so, the WRX Wagon springs alone had more than enough clearance.

---

_taF

1 - 20 of 96 Posts