Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just returned from a camping trip that included 30+ miles on dirt roads. Well, we returned to the campsite to find that both front doors now rattle. There is obviously rocks inside the plastic trim on the bottom of BOTH front doors.

This trim piece is very clearly just secured to the metal with 3M double-sided tape. On quick inspection, there does not seem to be a way to otherwise remove or access this area to clean out the rocks.

Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this?

Photo: Not my vehicle, but included for reference.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
306 Posts
We have just returned from a camping trip that included 30+ miles on dirt roads. Well, we returned to the campsite to find that both front doors now rattle. There is obviously rocks inside the plastic trim on the bottom of BOTH front doors.

This trim piece is very clearly just secured to the metal with 3M double-sided tape. On quick inspection, there does not seem to be a way to otherwise remove or access this area to clean out the rocks.

View attachment 522936
Besides the tape, they have pegs (about 6) that hold the piece as well. Pops off easily. Mine (2015 Touring) stayed just fine without replacing the tape.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
571 Posts
Is the tape supposed to help hold it on or keep water and dirt from getting behind the cladding?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is the tape supposed to help hold it on or keep water and dirt from getting behind the cladding?
The tape appears to be the fastening method, holding the plastic trim to the metal door skin. @jmw15 mentions pegs as well (see post above). I am looking for a diagram online.

EDIT: I found the part. The diagrams are lacking. Still looking for a better diagram.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
306 Posts
Little plastic clips/pegs hold the panels.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
3 Posts

View attachment 522936
Same thing happened to me. I was able to remove them by opening the door, go to the black flap on the bottom of the door, insert a crevice tool attached to a shop vac

1 - 7 of 7 Posts