Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered from Rockauto.com twice and was pleasantly surprised by the service and quality of each shipment. Prices are hard to beat and the website is easily searchable for any specific part you're looking for. I recently placed an order for a Eastern cat for MY 01 on a Sunday and had it by Monday. The office is located in WI but it shipped out of a warehouse in PA. The price was lower than anywhere else I looked and it came with O2 plugs (because it has an extra hole in the front) and both gaskets. Heck, I even received and extra 5% off by Googling for a coupon and they were running a special for a free "Car Care for Car Guys" book. Oh I also received a pretty sweet fridge magnet!
:woohoo:

·
Registered
2004 Forester
58 Posts
+1. I've been using rockauto.com for a couple of years now, and have bought an assortment of parts for all three cars. Great prices, especially the closeout deals (bought a full Beck Arnley HG kit for my Legend for $200, it's normally $400+ on the Interwebz). I've dealt with them on the phone and they are friendly, efficient and believe in great customer service!! Drawbacks? A multi-part order can sometimes take a bit of time to come as they ship from a national network of warehouses and different parts are shipped from different locations and sometimes this may also mean you canot combine shipping on said multi-part orders.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
I've been using them for a while now. I've bought parts for both of our Chevy trucks, and parts for the Foz. Shipping was always pretty quick, and service was excellent. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i
184 Posts
I've ordered 2 a front and rear Bosch O2 sensor for my Forester from them. Shipped from upstate NY and received in northern NJ a day later. Fast delivery to the east coast.

If you don't mind rebates, MS Live.com had a 25% rebate promo on Ebay. It had to be Buy It now and paid with Paypal and you'll get it after 60 days. saved over $50 compared to buying it in stores for both at Autozone or Pepboys.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Ordered a condenser for my a/c. Apparently you have to do what if a drill bit from another project finds its way into your factory one.

Cheapest price out of anyone!! Arrived in 4 days!! Was the right part!!

Also no one else supplied a dryer even though they charged up to $100 more. RockAuto didn't mention anything about that so I ordered one to be safe. Their low cost condenser comes with a dryer unlike most other people! So I got an extra dryer I may sell. Also came with all new gasket seals.

Pros: Fast shipping, right parts, includes extras needed for job, cheapest prices online, got some refrigerator magnets :)
Cons: Other companies are not like them

Highly recommend for car parts. Only paid about $111 for condenser while some others wanted up to $280

·
Registered
2010 Forester
302 Posts
Great site, great customer service. I have used them for just about everything...

And FYI the brake calipers listed under the 2007 WRX... They are not the 4-piston ones... I ordered these, and they refunded me for them. (I know $75 a piece was too good to be true, but it would have been the steal of the century!!!!)

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Holy moly, how come I've never given these guys a try before? I just ordered a full brake refresh for Subed from RockAuto. Their prices are unbeatable - I went with Centric Premium Rotors and Centric/Stoptech Street Performance pads (for front 04 STi brakes and rear 00-04 H6 OB), and my shipped OTD price for the whole shebang was just $265! And no CA tax! My whole order was at my door only 3 days later. Will definitely use them again in the future!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Great selection, easy to use catalog, very good prices and fast shipping. I buy almost all of my repair parts from Rock Auto. Even their monthly newsletter is kind of fun.

Guy

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Another +1 for RockAuto!

I've bought various parts for my F250 SD pickup. Selection, prices, delivery, and order accuracy are very good.

Haven't tried 'em yet for the BMW or Subaru.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
476 Posts
I ordered my TCK328 timing belt kit from them a little over 3 months ago, just got it all opened up today (my mistake for waiting so long) as I was about to do the timing belt service.
When I unpackaged everything I noticed that the guide spacer was missing.
It is clearly shown in the picture for the item on RockAuto's website and I figured was included with the "supporting hardware" statement.

I knew I was over the return time so I sent RockAuto an email telling them that it was missing from my kit and to maybe include that the items shown aren't what you are necessarily getting (I see reviews on other sites selling this kit and forum comments from people stating they received a spacer in their TCK328 kits).

I received an email back with the following:
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email. Based on the listing, it looks like this part should include the following: 4 idlers, 1 tensioner, 1 belt. It looks like a spacer is not included with this part. Thank you for your email, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
How nice of him to not include the part where it says:
Total solution for any application, including belts, idler(s), tensioners and supporting hardware with detailed installation instructions.
According to his email it seems I should be happy that I even got instructions! I don't see the spacer included in ANY of the other listings on any sites, it isn't one of the MAJOR parts of the kit (just supporting hardware). They also don't list the sticker you get to record the mileage/date you do your timing belt replacement for future reference nor the bags the idlers are packaged in.

I probably should have stuck with my initial feeling and just ordered from Amazon.com as usual.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
That part came prepackaged from Gates. No vendor create that kit themself. If its missing then it should come from Gates. I did some research and does seem anybody list the spacer.

What is the spacer for anyway. Usually spacer are not considered wear item so you reuse the original one .

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
476 Posts
That part came prepackaged from Gates. No vendor create that kit themself. If its missing then it should come from Gates.
Right.
What is the spacer for anyway. Usually spacer are not considered wear item so you reuse the original one .
Its just a spacer to measure the proper 1mm between belt guides and belt.

·
Registered
1999 Forester L manual
77 Posts
I like Rock Auto.......:rock:

The only issue with buying mail-order is you also have to return by mail if there is a problem......no big deal as long as you are not in a time crunch

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5MT
856 Posts
Right.

Its just a spacer to measure the proper 1mm between belt guides and belt.
If you were local I'd let you use mine. I keep it in my toolbox in case I ever need it (all of our Subies are manuals and all have the guide).

Maybe check the regional section of the forum and see if you can borrow one? FWIW, I ordered a TCK304 kit from Rock Auto for our 1999 Forester in June and it had the guide in it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts