Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Rock crawling at Johny Park rd, 07/09/2010

6K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  coop923 
#1 ·
Last Friday we went on a trail run with the Frontrange4x4 club. It was basically our first time out with a group of real 4x4ers, and what a time it was! Right off the bat we've started climbing up some steep and very rocky terrain. There were concerns that the Subie wouldn't be able to keep up, but it amazed even me how "easy" it was. Don't take me wrong, it wasn't easy at all, but with a steady hand and a only few scratches, I've managed to climb that hill no problem. The trail was pretty mild for the most part, but there were at least 3-4 sections that were pretty tough.
Pictures:

See less See more
#14 ·
Cool videos, tell me you have a skid plate
A first timer in the Subacool fanclub? :raspberry: Yes, I have the 3/16" full armor (front and back) from Primitive. The front skid has reinforced front mounting points (welded plates on the under radiator beam) :cool:

Nice Vids! But ouch on Rocking the Outback, p2 at 2:50. What did you hit? What was that (pain full) sound?
I got hung up on a rock, dragged the left rear sway bar "mount" on it (I've taken out the rear sway last year). Sounded worse than it really was. No real damage, just bent it a bit. But since it doesn't support the rear sway bar anymore, it didn't matter anyways :rock:

#15 ·
I loved the reactions of the others watching as the suby mastered the rocks.

I showed the video to a lady friend of mine that is looking at buying a forester,and the whole time watching the videos, she was saying oh my god, oh my god.

it was priceless. Subaru Rules!

#17 ·
she was amazed. I had just taken her for her first ride in my Forester and let her test drive it.

whole story is last winter,when it snowed she was snowed in, her mustang was not going anywhere.

she mentioned she wanted a jeep cherokee and I told her about the Fozzies and needless to say she is now a convert and says by sept. she will have one.

#22 ·
^^Heh, I wish :biggrin: I've seen that before, but I can't justify spending so much on something so impractical (it is a daily driver car). I'd rather shell out the dough for some Subaextreme bumpers and a 2-3 inch lift :rock:
Thanks for the respects :cool:

#24 ·
Looks great m8. And some of the scratches sounds painful :lol:
It's just plastic :biggrin: I didn't damage anything important. The only thing that got damaged besides the few more battle scars on the plastics (chicks dig scars :raspberry:), was the rear sway bar bracket. It got bent a bit when I got hung up in that second video. And since I've removed the RSB a long time ago, it doesn't matter (can be easily hammered back into shape though). So honestly, for what we put the Subie through, it really came out unscathed :cool:

And yes on the tranny cooler ;)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.