Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Forester STI Manual 6 Speed
985 Posts
Won't use direct line on principal.

Many years ago the wife was involved in a 3 car pile up at some traffic lights (through no fault of her own), and due to the incompetence of Direct Line in dealing with it she ended up with a CCJ.

Took about 9 months and far too many phone calls to get them to sort it out.

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Won't use direct line on principal.

Many years ago the wife was involved in a 3 car pile up at some traffic lights (through no fault of her own), and due to the incompetence of Direct Line in dealing with it she ended up with a CCJ.

Took about 9 months and far too many phone calls to get them to sort it out.
Sorry to hear that .

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,330 Posts
It's that time of year for me. Adrian Flux sent a renewal through for £421 - The cheeky monkeys.

5 minutes with the Meerkats and sent screenshots of offers of £260 back to Adrian Flux and they've sent me another renewal for £260 to match.

£161 saving isn't bad, with mods included. - Shame we have to play the game for a half reasonable quote.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,516 Posts
It's that time of year for me. Adrian Flux sent a renewal through for £421 - The cheeky monkeys.

5 minutes with the Meerkats and sent screenshots of offers of £260 back to Adrian Flux and they've sent me another renewal for £260 to match.

£161 saving isn't bad, with mods included. - Shame we have to play the game for a half reasonable quote.
I'd change just because they are taking the pisss, AF couldn't give me a reasonable quote for my Impreza so I went to StuartCollins that i have been insured with in the past, great service from them.

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
636 Posts
Unfortunately they all (well all the usual ones) play those blooming games when it comes to renewals, they all hope that you'll just auto renew and they'll make a packet.

When I was looking to insure mine for the first time I was looking around, but some insurance companies wanted history of driving turbo cars... of which I didn't have any... other than a 1.6 diesel ford and a 1.9 diesel van, I don't think either of which would count :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Unfortunately they all (well all the usual ones) play those blooming games when it comes to renewals, they all hope that you'll just auto renew and they'll make a packet.

When I was looking to insure mine for the first time I was looking around, but some insurance companies wanted history of driving turbo cars... of which I didn't have any... other than a 1.6 diesel ford and a 1.9 diesel van, I don't think either of which would count :ROFLMAO:
I noticed this too Ian and changed provider promptly and no doubt will do it again next year. I really don't know what's going on in this day and age where every company just wants your money and more of it other than decreasing premiums for being a loyal customer and a good driver.

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
636 Posts
@highland forry the AA did it for my dad as well with his recovery membership, he had always been with them 40+ years(?) He told them one day he was cancelling to move to RAC, they started offering him all sorts of things, but he said you took advantage of my loyalty for years, you have no chance.

Insurance is legal robbery really, so it's no great surprise they do all sorts of horrible tricks.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts