Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out earlier this week, that my best friend from college passed away wednesday from a brain aneurysm.

Dr. Michael A. Grimes

We played soccer together at Pitt for 4 years, lived together for 2 years.
He was the best man in my wedding.

We vacationed at the beaches in Maine, his family home in Kentucky and rock climbed and mountain biked in Colorado.

He leaves behind a wife and three young children (1,5 & 7).

I will always have incredible memories of wonderful times with him.

He was a gentle (except to that poor midfielder from Georgetown) and kind person who could always make you laugh without even trying!!

Rest in peace Mike!!

dm

·
Registered
1998 Forester
602 Posts
Sorry to hear that man...

Had a college friend named Cynthia who died of a brain tumour at age 34...she had the most 'sparkly' eyes I have ever seen. Kinda like a smile in her eyes.....

Peace to them both.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
RIP Mike. :icon_frown: Glad he lived a good life while he was here! I will keep his family in my prayers.

I actually lost a friend last week due to congestive heart failure. She was 17... was in my class before I started homeschooling. :icon_frown: In great shape, cheerleader, never saw it coming. Guess that just goes to show, live every day, every minute, every second as if it were your last. She did, and from what I hear, was not at all upset when they told her that she wasn't going to make it.

"I'm ready to go fly with the angels... Don't worry about me."

Amazing. :tissue:

Hope I'm not jackin' yo thread, but I thought I'd share. Seems like a lot of people are passing right now.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Nice tribute. I am sorry for his family. Always so tragic when stuff like this happens. I lost my best friend to mental illness and eventually suicide. He shaped me more than anyone I have ever known.

Nice to have had good friends that we lose than not having the great pleasure of their time here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts