Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forrester auto
33 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the Subie is better than than your rental. I have been contemplating going away from Subaru. although it will be a long time before I can afford a newer one. Mine is '09 w/ 127K and still running great, knock on wood

·
Registered
99 L automatic
5 Posts
Lost my 92 Legacy in the same way. Stopped at a stop sigh and was rear ended by a Suburban Assault Vehicle. Hit me so hard the back wheels were crooked. Hope you survived alright. Whiplash is no fun and can be serious.

·
Registered
2018 Forester CVT
9 Posts
Almost crushed

Enjoy your new car. Glad you were safe.

I got a new 2018 last September and I haven't loved a car this much in a long time.

Your accident brings back bad memories for me. It wasn't too long ago that a huge semi tried to crush me like a pancake while making a right hand turn from the left hand lane. He didn't bother with a turn signal. I almost became a permanent resident of my Jeep Renegade. I can't pull up next to big trucks any more without that memory popping in my head. I've had several close calls with big trucks in the past but that was the worse, seeing the side of that truck and my Jeep coming closer and closer. I guess he finally heard me pressing on the horn and stopped to see what was wrong.
I'm all for self driving trucks because, based on my experiences, the drivers would be smarter and safer.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited automatic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
One positive aspect of this regrettable situation, the 2019 Subaru feels like a much better car than the 2015 Subaru. Our 2015 Subaru was the Touring version. Our new 2019 Subaru is the Limited version. The 2019 Limited version is very close in features to the 2015 Touring. Based on that, I had a really hard time trying to figure out which to get, the Limited or the Touring. The salespeople weren't very good at summarizing the differences for making that decision. I guess, the only feature that I miss from the 2015 are the touring lights.

The new Subaru has much more of a luxury feel than our old Subaru (but then it is a new car). The radio, back-up camera, and blue-tooth are all much better than the 2015. Additionally, we now have gobs of safety features that we previously did not have. Learning them will take some time.

The NAV feature is being frustrating. We have a Garmin (for the 2015 Subaru) that mounts on the windshield. The Garmin is much easier to use than the in-dash NAV. The major benefit of the in-dash NAV is that it is a nice big bright screen. Time may help me figure out how to use the 2019 Subaru's in-dash NAV. Otherwise, I may be posting in the "Lighting and Electrical" forum.

One downside, the new Subaru feels "bigger" giving it more of a "truck" feel when driving. Still a pleasure to drive.

Haven't taken it out on a long long long road trip. Soon. With the new Subaru, it looks like we get about 60 miles more travel distance on a tank of gas.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts