Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roo and I just made our reservations and submitted our volunteer applications. Hopefully we'll get similar assignments as last year (we worked flying finish at one of the Del Sur stages, which allowed us to drive the entire stage prior to the event) and did cone duty at the Super Stage.

Who else is going this year?

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
I already did my volunteer stuff. I wanna work the drift event I heard they are having this year, but I'll take what ever I can get.

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
Should be there. Team Blew has yet to be confirmed as Auto X hosts. We'll see.

You would think that the most popular side event would happen again??? I would.

Either way I plan on being there most of Sat.

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
I shold be there taking pictures again for allwheeljunkies.com..... Not that I am any good but It gets me a big yellow jersey to go anywhere to take pics....and THIS YEAR I BETTER GET MY RIDE!

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
DonutKing said:
I shold be there taking pictures again for allwheeljunkies.com..... Not that I am any good but It gets me a big yellow jersey to go anywhere to take pics....and THIS YEAR I BETTER GET MY RIDE!
Yellow schmellow. :wiggle: I walked everywhere I wanted there last year shooting pix. Even laid down under the first jump for a few shots. More like an hour because it was comfortable and a neat view... :twisted: Can't wait for this year and actually being a part of the events while I snap shots :Banane01:

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Roo and I got our assignments for Rim today. We'll be working finish at Mt. Gleason on Friday night and finish at Liebre on Saturday, w00t! :Banane01: Hopefully the weather will play along this time...

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
pleiad7 said:
:Banane01: Hopefully the weather will play along this time...
I'm hoping for rain, and mud, and slushy stuff so we can really get nice and dirty!! :Banane29:

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Think they'll actually have any "official" spectator areas this time? I was pissed that I woke up early for nothing. The other events were fun though and got to meet some members here so it was worth it.

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to the website there will be only one spectator area aside from the super stage - at Hungry Valley, and you'll have to pay the $5 park admissions fee and the parking/specator fee of $10 per car. :wtfeyes

Seriously, if you want to see the action up close I would recommend that you look into volunteering. We had sooo much fun last year, even though the weather was cool and rainy. There's just nothing like sitting right at the finish line on one of the stages and have the rally cars zoom on by at triple digit speeds! Plus, you get a ton of free shwag and free food... :biggrin:

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
I signed up but haven't gotten any assignment yet??? :wtfeyes

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it the first time you're volunteering? It might take a little longer in that case... I think we only had ours so quickly because we were already in the database from last year, and our team captain contacted us by email and invited us back on his team.

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
pleiad7 said:
Is it the first time you're volunteering? It might take a little longer in that case... I think we only had ours so quickly because we were already in the database from last year, and our team captain contacted us by email and invited us back on his team.
I sure hope so. I'd like to be there again but this time as a part of the event rather then just a guy lurking around the bushes... :Banane01:

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Thanks for the heads up regarding the volunteer option. They can't kick you out if you're working. Good opportunity for some great pics too.

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
Well all wheel junkies are not gonna be there i guess. SO neither am I Dont know if wife would want to go either it sucked last year.

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone else going to be there? Roo and I are driving down on Thursday and staying at the Best Western! :Banane01: Any Bay Area folks who might want to caravan?

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
I will be there sleeping in the back of my X. I'm working:
4 - Magic Mountain Start during Friday_Night
Meeting Place: In and Out at sand canyon rd and Hwy 14
Meeting Time: 6:30 PM
Expected Ending Time: 10:45PM

8 - Leona Start during Saturday_Day
Meeting Place: In front Albertson's 10th St. West/Palmdale Blvd., Palmdale
Meeting Time: 10:00 AM
Expected Ending Time: 3:00PM

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool! Are you working as a photographer?

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
No they got me doing time control. However I will definatly have my camera handy at all times... :twisted:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts