Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, first time posting.... and have a problem.

My right side parking lights will not turn off unless I disonnect the battery. It is not the switch on the steering column. The hazard flashers, turn indicators and fog lights aren't working either except for the left turn indicators. I checked all of the fuses and don't know what else to do?

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,886 Posts
I almost wish you hadn't told me that. I do have the diagrams for the 2003, and now I have to start digging. This is a weird one! :icon_wink:

Meanwhile, please fill out your profile and signature. That way we won't have to ask!

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,886 Posts
This is an ugly one! Did you actually check the fuses with a meter or by substitution, or just visually? Sometimes these weird situations can be caused by a blown fuse that allows a sneak path to develop, with very strange results. Fuse #5, next to right in the upper row of the fuse block behind the change compartment, is central to a lot of the things you described. I'd check that one pretty carefully.

I'll keep looking, but I won't really have much time to spend on this till after the weekend. Meanwhile I'll send a note off to another member, Ferret, who is awfully good at these things.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,363 Posts
Only thing that comes to mind is a bad, missing or broken wire to ground. The Left Front alone is grounded at GF-1 and GF-2. So I might start looking there for a broken wire in that area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are quick replying here, its been raining hard all morning and haven't been able to get out. I have only been pulling out the fuses so far. I will try and do as you guys mentioned, god I hate electrical problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hazzard lights and right turn signal work at times, and sometimes the back light will turn off, and then come back on 20 minutes later, lol. Have pulled and inspected every fuse, even the ones that couldn't be the problem. Took the turn signal relay out and changed nothing. I have taken the bulbs out of the front and back right turn signals for a temporary solution so the battery doesn't run out. I'm sure you guys could fix it if you could see all the problems, but this is the limit of my electrical in cars. Just going to take it to the dealer and see what they say. thx for all the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts