Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting circa 340miles to 50litres and Im screwing the *** (sorry) off the car at times, although I never redline the car and never will.

I'm convinced that as I'm revving the car/pushing it alot it might not be too bad on my overall mpg if I actually went to a 2.5turbo and just relaxed alittle. If this makes sense?

What is your real world mpg? What do you get mileage -wise per tank and what is your general driving style?

At motorway speeds, in 5th gear where does your rev counter sit at circa 80?

·
Registered
2005 2.5 XTE
59 Posts
300 miles to the tank. Mixed driving rural and urban.
motorway is the same at roughly 8.5 leptons

95 Ron, if that makes a difference in an 05 2.5 Turbo

Don't hang around once up and running, hardly ever redline, leave the traffic light GP's to the kids :)

·
Registered
2005 2.5 XTE
59 Posts
So rough estimate: an average of 10,000 miles a year, you would fill your car 29 1/2 times.

I'd be filling mine 33 times.

An extra 100+ BHP for 3 1/2 tanks of fuel over the year.

No brainer :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
06 XTe
151 Posts
2.5XT with PPP and I did get 27mpg mixed urban and rural driving now getting 26mpg since getting slightly larger tyres (225/55 instead of 225/50) as I guess my odometer now slightly under-reads (so I don't "seem" to go so far) and my speedo under- reads less than it used to (so I'm going faster than I used to). Mostly using Sainsbury's SUL (97).
Worst was 14mpg towing a caravan and best 32mpg on a long clear run on A roads

·
Registered
2004 2.0 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
14mpg average? I achieved when I borrowed my brother in laws V6 4motion Golf for 6weeks a couple of years ago! :icon_frown:

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT
105 Posts
I get around 25 average in my 2.5 XT a little more on long jouneys

I always use V power

I get around 220 miles to a tank - I rarely let tank go below middle of 1st quarter

I generally drive roughly 26 miles to and from work about 1/3 on back/country roads and remainder on duel carriageway always faster coming home

Hope this is of help

Steve

·
Registered
2008 BMW 130i Manual
194 Posts
Seem to get about 28mpg on motorway runs (circa 80mph) and about 26 on more urban jaunts in my 07 2.5.

Mind you my christmas run over Snake Pass from Manc to Sheffield was somewhat wincingly expensive but made up for by the grin factor!

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5 XT
52 Posts
2006 2.5 XT Auto

225 - 250 miles per tank general driving. Mixed small runs, town and country stuff. Works out (calculated properly) at 23-25 mpg. 95 RON BP or Shell.

330 miles per tank for long runs - all m'way, Works out 28mpg.

170 per tank was the worst. That was a very very playful blast over woodhead, off woodhead to glossop, Cat'n'Fiddle and a play with a bently...... I didnt bother calculating the MPG on that one!!! :biggrin: Oh, and that was in Semi-Auto. 2nd and 3rd most of the time - full boost.

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,978 Posts
27 to the gallon last time I checked but that was 'normal use'. Going nuts I daren't work it out. If I mix a little 'spirited' driving in with regular use it doesn't seem to make that much difference.

My last tune made normal driving more economical but fast driving a lot worse as I now hold boost all the way up so there's no point changing up:biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 Litchfield 330 STI
135 Posts
Mpg

We Lpg'd both our so wouldent know on a full tank of super unleaded but one thing i can say is until we converted on the old and new fozz's they were both really heavy on fuel.

·
Registered
2005 2.5 XTE
59 Posts
Yep, due to the cold snap MPG is suffering. Something to do with colder, denser air and more fuel being needed. Will know by the end of the week by how much

·
Registered
06 XTe
151 Posts
You have to admire Subaru for quoting combined figures that closely match our "real world" figures of 26-27mpg. When you read the motoring journos they never seem to get anywhere near the claimed figures on long term tests for most cars

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,978 Posts
Coz journos whale the crap out of all test cars because they don't pay for the cars or the fuel. Just like I probably would. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts