Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a Seat Leon for my son, budget means earlier ie 2002/3 and mid model range , not the base S.
Local Seat dealer tells me that the Isofix points were an option around 02/03 on the mid spec' cars so if that was the case ,.......is it possible to get an Isofix kit and fit it to a car that didn't have it as an option choice back in 02/03. I am thinking that if it was offered as a buyer option then the car must be set up for install.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
2005 FSTI 'The Limo' Manual
420 Posts
I take the back seats out of my impreza when doing trackdays. The isofix points in that are part of the vertical seat supports which just bolt into place. If the leon has a similar setup to this then you should be able to source the isofix supports and bolt them in (id guess there should be some bashed leons in scrap yards now too?)

Dan

·
Premium Member
2001 S-Turbo Auto
305 Posts
IIRC all the mk4 Golfs and Boras have ISOFIX.

I'd rather buy a car where they were fitted, rather than retrofit them.

What's the budget for his new car?

·
Premium Member
2001 S-Turbo Auto
305 Posts
You could pick a Golf or Bora for that sort of money!

In fact my 2003 VW Golf TDI 150 Golf is probably worth that, but it has 110k on the clock! That said the mk4 Golf was make from 1998, so there must be something in his budget.

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He could go for a Golf but the Leon 's have lower mileage/newer reg' for the money ! Same under the skin but not the Golf name---makes a few £'s difference !

Cheers

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts