Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new Cobb VF39 map, I have thrown the PO546 code. Christian and I figured out that it was the fact that my EGT bung is no longer in existance with the STi uppipe (which was no big deal with the STi ECU).

So anyway, now that I am back to the Forester ECU and being a boob when it come to most things electrical, what kind of resistor, and where does it go?

Thanks!

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5157

Look there towards the bottom, I have info there. You put it in the place where the EGT probe plugged in. There are only two spades in the harness just bridge them with the resistor. Just bend it into a U shape.

Attachments

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
cut and paste from the link above:

If you don't happen to have an AP and do get CEL code P0546 = Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Malfunction (High Input) you will need to install a resistor in the harness where the EGT probe plugged in to prevent the CEL. The resistor is 2.2KOhm resistor and pictured . A buck for five. There are only two holes in the harness so bend and cut the resistor leads and stick them in there. Make sure you put something like electrical tape over the harness to make it waterproof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts