Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
Reporting in from Syracuse NY.
I've been lurking a few weeks now as I was searching for a second vehicle to my Nissan. To be honest Subaru wasent on my list as I wanted something "sportier" with AWD. But after narrowing my search to 3 vehicles, CX-5, Wrangler JL Sport S, and Explorer and test driving them all in one day I was not happy with the choices. The fiance recommended we end the day with a trip to Subaru, I reluctantly said yes...and boy am I happy I did.

So I test drove the 2019 Fozzy Sport Black. One of the first vehicles in my young (29) year old life where I sat down and felt an instance "this is the vehicle for me". As an Engineer who is more about function over flash, but dosent want to drive a box...this was the car for me.

And I picked it up last night in the perfect weather, large snow storm, to find myself right in the comfort zone.

I did a lot of research before choosing and this forum helped immensely with that, so thanks to everyone who dosent know they helped me!

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
12 Posts
Welcome, I think you made a great choice! I'm down the Thruway in Rome and my Fozzie has yet to let me down. Even when the plows aren't running I've had no issues making it through the snowstorms to get the kids to ski practice over by Syracuse.

·
Premium Member
2019 Sport w/ Opt 24 pkg CVT
38 Posts
Welcome! I've been very happy with my '19 Sport in the winter this year and it has been extra cold and more snow and ice than usual around here.

Congrats on your new Forester!

·
Registered
2019 Forester - Touring CVT
122 Posts
Welcome, in the mid-1990s I spent 5 years in the Rochester suburbs working for Kodak's central R&D, we got some snow alright! The biggest snowfall I have experienced was there, up to just below the belt, roughly 36 inches, all in one dump. I think these cars can still benefit from winter tires, like any vehicle, but it seems like a a great platform, roomy, practical and with outstanding technology.

·
Registered
2018 Touring CVT
173 Posts
Welcome from the Great White North! Great choice! I would have bought the Sport if it was available in 2018 :). I found with mine in snow with the oem tires, no problem getting up to speed... stopping on the other hand becomes a challenge so yes I did go for mildly priced all weather tire which helped with the stopping. I'm thinking I will go with some all terrains eventually like Pirelli AT Plus or Cooper AT3 4s. The other thing I did fairly soon after buying mine was change out the muffler to a Magnaflow (11235) sounds deeper without being overly noisy and got rid of the sputter sound while idling.Muffler shop put the orginal tip back on so it looks stock still :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts