Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2006 Protuned XT. (had it done Sept 2006).
Very recently I had to reset the ECU. It was the first reset since I had it tuned.
Prior to the reset, I was consistently hitting 19.5 PSI. Maybe I am nitpicking but since the reset I can only hit 19PSI. I've only got 20 miles since the reset. Is this a situation where I need to wait for the ECU to learn?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
Has it been warmer in your area the past few days? :)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is it tuned opensource or with an AP? If its an AP you might need to reload the realtime map.
It is AP. I don't see an realtime maps on my AP other than the ones I had before I was pro-tuned.
Hmm...I guess I can shoot my tuner an email.

UPDATE: I was wrong. The maps are on there.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has it been warmer in your area the past few days? :)
Actually, it is about 10 degrees warmer. I've only had my boost gauge on for about 2 weeks. During that time, its been friggin cold.
Today, it was a balmy 42.

Would that do it?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couple of questions.

When I had it tuned, I thought that the tuner told me that he was putting the program on as a base map, which I thought was supposed to survive a ECU reset. (going from my spotty memory) When I plugged in my AP, I chose Show Current Map and it showed the base map as an old stage 2 map that I had on there (TDC tuning stage 2) before I had the VF-39 put on and pro-tuned.
When the AP shows the base map, is it reading that from the ECU? Or is it displaying what it thinks was last flashed?

I went ahead and flashed the tuner's base map that was on my AP just to be safe.

If it is reading it from the ECU and indeed I was running a Stage 2 map, could I have caused damage by making a few WOT runs?

I am not up to speed on all the intricacies of AP tuning.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
Actually, it is about 10 degrees warmer. I've only had my boost gauge on for about 2 weeks. During that time, its been friggin cold.
Today, it was a balmy 42.

Would that do it?

Thanks.
Assuming that you were still running the same map, its easier to make boost when its cold. So lets assume your tuner set boost at 20 psi. Its perfectly reasonable that you would see 20 psi when its 30*F, but only 18 psi when it is 90*F. Density ratio factoring into your pressure ratio...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts