Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester Limited CVT
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from a 3000 mile road trip (went to Florida!). I averaged 25 mpg doing 75-80 mph on the expressway with a fully loaded car (plus a cargo box on the roof). I had no oil loss to speak of (checked 4 times during the trip).

Is this mpg average considering the cargo and speed?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say that is very good mpg considering the speed and weight. How was the trip? Any pics?

Michael
That is good to hear.

Trip was very fun but a little cold for Florida (upper 50s, low 60s). No pics of my Forester in action :icon_frown:.

Thanks

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
Wow, that is a low mileage SFS! I just did my first road trip in my new ride this weekend. I went down to Milwaukee and I put on about 500 miles for the trip.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
Holy crap, we have twin cars! I have an '01 Forester S with auto trans that has like 30,400 miles or something. I bought it around November.

I think that is very very good for MPG, I've been using a spreadsheet calculator and I have been averaging 18.5 MPG with probably 65% of it highway driving. That's after the 30k mile service and ALL fluids and filters replaced, and fuel injector service done.

I know some suck fuel worse than others, but I wonder what I will average with pure highway driving, won't find out til this summer though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went through my gas logs. There was a stretch (450 miles) that I wa doing 80-85 the entire time. I logged a 26mpg on that run. We had three people, a week's worth of luggage, books, a jogging stroller, and 2 bikes!

I would like to do another try at it with an empty car!

·
Registered
01 Forester S
102 Posts
Yup, +1 on the MPG being spot-on. We get 25mpg going around town, a little higher on long trips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts