·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14 degrees was the highest temp we saw all day

snowed all day

the roads were terrible! so, decided to get off of them. :lol:

Small group this time, which is how I prefer it. Don't like hitting new trails in the snow by myself, not until I have a winch!

The group: Jaime and his daughter Stephanie in his heavily modded wrangler, including winch and front/rear lockers. Aaron and Jess in their basically stock disco (just tires). Karla, the dogs and I in Rhino.

Started out in a lot of wide open space on an easy, rolling trail. We were making first tracks. :banana:

Then we got back into the woods a bit

Camouflage! I am ninja. :lol:

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Aaron would have a bit more trouble on the way back up! :lol:

This was as far as Aaron got on the way back up, no lockers and the traction control kept getting in the way.
Absolute ice under the snow until you can grab hold of a big rock.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jaime engaged his front and rear lockers, made it up with just a few corrections (backing up, fixing his line).

Karla manning the video camera:

Aaron getting a hand from Jaime and his winch

I expected to have quite a bit of trouble on this hill, had been thinking about it since we went down it.
However, it seemed my weight and wheelbase was really an asset here. I was the only one that made it in the first try. :woohoo:

Yep, all 4 wheels are on the ground with no spin! :rock:

Can't wait for warmer weather, need to extend the front brake lines and get swaybar disconnects. No sway in the rear.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this make my donkey look fat? ROFLMAO!!!

Jaime on a narrow bit of trail

The passenger side door doesn't unlock easily(lots of fiddling) and Karla keeps hitting the lock button trying to roll down her window. She discovered a temporary solution. :lol:

Had a great time. Hit the sled and tow ropes after, but unfortunately I don't have any photos of that. I have some vids I will sort through soon. Everyone came prepared for the very cold temperatures and precipitation, so we were all able to thoroughly and comfortably enjoy the day. Lots of flexing for me, going to check the bushings on the body mounts before the next run as I had a lot of shifting going on between the body panels. Also realized I need to chop more off the front fender wells. Yeehaw.

No damage to report, and I didn't get stuck! Shocking, I know. :shake:

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts