Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm planning on replacing my plugs/wires on my SF and was wondering as to which would give the best performance. I was planning on NGK iridium ix for the plugs, but I'm still a bit shaky on the wire set. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Hey all, I'm planning on replacing my plugs/wires on my SF and was wondering as to which would give the best performance. I was planning on NGK iridium ix for the plugs, but I'm still a bit shaky on the wire set. Thanks for the help!
Personally I've gone with the V-power plugs with no regrets and saved some money in the process. This was in my 99 Forester. I've always done a spring tune-up with my vehicles or in the case of emission testing, changed the plugs prior to the check. On my 08 I've been using the G-power plugs with the same results, I'm not convinced you need the IX plugs for improved performance, sure you can leave them in there longer but I like to see how they look after a season of winter gas and freshen the performance with fresh plugs.

As far as wire sets go you only need the blue NGK replacement wire set that's available at the dealers. You can also get a price from our Supporting Vendors Grayson Subaru and Annapolis Subaru. On the Subaru the most likely breakdown in the ignition system is going to be the coil pack, and I think replacement packs have been upgraded.

That's my two cents and change. I'm sure others will offer up their suggestions. Always good to have a second opinion.

·
Premium Member
2008 2008 2.5i-2018 XT
13,234 Posts
As far as wire sets go you only need the blue NGK replacement wire set that's available at the dealers. You can also get a price from our Supporting Vendors Grayson Subaru and Annapolis Subaru.
I agree.. I have them on my 01 Nissan Sentra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts