Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone post any info from the service manual about replacing the front windshield on an 04 XT?

Thanks

Brandon

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wanted to see what the manual said about changing out a windshield. I have a crack in mine and I need to replace it. I am tossing up the idea of doing it myself.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,863 Posts
I watched the guy change mine, which you can view here. It requires skills & special tools. Not something I'd want to try! My windshield with new trim was around $200. Now it's free, since it's covered on my insurance. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,863 Posts
The glass guy that did my windshield replacement did it totally different from the PDF instructions & I watched every step. He'd been doing glass work for nearly 30 years & he was very good! I was impressed enough with his workmanship, that I wote a thank you letter to the company that employed him. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for posting the info Pleiad7.

Bobby,

Unforunetly insurance will cover mine but my deductible is $500 so that is probably useless. I will have to check around to see about prices. What kind of glass did the guy use? I heard PPG is really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts