Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I started hearing a slight noise under the hood about 2 weeks ago. I took my car in to have the alignment done today and the dealer pointed out that its my idler pulley thats going out. Seems pricey to me, about $300 for the part... but im not sure if that includes labor. Anyways... has anyone done this? I really dont have the extra $ to pay them to do it if it doesn't take more than a few tools and some basic know-how. ;)

BTW, I threw some new Cobb swaybars on my car last night... all I can say is WOW. :cool:

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
Timing Belt idler pulley? - I don't have time to search now but I have a TSB on Scoobymods and you can also find info on www.endwrench.com on the subject.

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
2,225 Posts
I couldn't find it on end wrench for you but I have this.

13073AA142 Idler cp belt $83.23 There are 2 of this #
13085AA080 Idler cp belt no. 2 $79.05
13073AA230 idler cp belt $40.87

These numbers are for an 04 but IIRC they are the same for 05.

Ben

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright... I got some clarification.

The price he quoted me included the part, labor, as well as the cost of the maintenence that I had done on my car this week. He scared me at first though, lol. Turns out the pulley is gonna run me about $56.

And THANK YOU for the info... I just found all kinds of good stuff. I should be able to get it done thanks to you guys.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts