Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5Xten
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm after some advice on KYB part numbers for replacement struts and springs for my 2.5XT SG9 MY06. The left rear SLS has failed completely and needs changing PDQ. Spoken to a few garages (both subaru franchise and independents)... all reckon the rear suspension will sag with after market non-SLS replacements.

I take it from the posts on here that this is not the case. You just have to make sure you get the right coil springs - right?

Found plenty of info on replacement parts for the SF, but not so much for the SG. I assume they are different?

I gather from the kyb catalogue the correct damper/strut Excel-G part numbers 334344 and 334345. But what about the coil springs, I haven't found any for the SG. Would the SF springs be ok ? (part number RA5761)

Apologies if I've missed any similiar posts, been thru all the related ones I could find but to no avail.

Many thanks..

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
I would imagine the SF parts wold be 'OK' but better still why not try and find some none SLS rear springs from a breaker? The SG is a little heavier than an SF so the springs won't quite be 'stiff' enough.

And yes, you just need the right spring strut combo, either all SLS or all non SLS.

Simon

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5Xten
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you use the springs off any SG or do they have to be off a 2.5? Come to think of it, they didn't do any non sls 2.5's...did they??

Have found someone selling a second hand pair of SLS struts...he's offering them at a reasonable price but you never know their history or how long they will last. Would prefer a new non SLS setup.

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
In the EU all 2.5's are turbo and SLS, so would need to be off a 2.0 NA, which yes, will be fine.

No, you don't know the history, you can only decide based on price and what you know of the seller!

Simon

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2,5XT manual
1 Posts
20380SA020 or 20380SA060
forced springs fits KYB Excel-G
What is the difference between these two? Is there heavy duty springs available?

Does the stock self levelling shock top mounts fit with these springs? What impreza top mounts will fit with these springs?

Please reply soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts