Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some info on the 04's which have a different design. On the 07 headlight the low beam is right in front of the battery . Do I need to pull the battery out to replace the bulb ? Any 07 specific instructions / diagrams ? If not tell me how and I'll do a how to w pics.

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
no need to remove the battery, just push the washer fluid neck out of the way by removing the fastener, this will give you more room to unscrew the black plastic cup. It is very easy and self explanatory once you untwist the cup.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll start with the passenger side first since its more open. I've been putting it off for a week, driving my wife's LEgacy at night.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
no need to remove the battery, just push the washer fluid neck out of the way by removing the fastener, this will give you more room to unscrew the black plastic cup.
This is the method I used....

dm

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
I had to remove the battery to get the plastic piece back on. It had me using a few curse words and I may have throw my screwdriver in the bushes.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,971 Posts
Whenever I do a job that requires moving the battery I first connect my jump start battery to the battery cables in order to preserve the settings in the computer, radio, and trip odometer.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
I didn't have to remove the battery either. It's kind of a PITA but I have small hands and was able to get cover on/off after working at it a little bit.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did it last night, some of you must have small girlish fingers :raspberry: Its very tight in there. What worked for me: undo the battery clamp in the front to create some working room. Once that's done then you can move around in there.

Then, I put both bulbs in upside down. Only noticed when I was looking through the lens itself and they were slightly angled downwards. Thankfully I checked before putting it all back together.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X L.L. BEAN
150 Posts
I removed the battery, moved the washer fluid bottle to the side, and removed the air intake peace before the fender intake silencer. the hardest part was getting the factory bulbs off of the connections to the wires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts