Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock fogs have become completely bad now, oxidized and leaky. When my original headlights reached that condition I did reluctantly pay the extra to buy OEM assemblies as I've seen just too many random problems with aftermarket "crash" replacements and now two years later still very happy with them. However I was willing to try TYC for my fogs as at least they have made it to Tier 1 provider for several OEM vehicle manufacturers... but both times I ordered "TYC" fogs from eBay I was shipped cheaper Depo and other generic aftermarket so I returned them.

As I was about to just cringe and order full OEM assemblies I ran across Subaru part numbers (example, 84501SA110) that are for the Lens and Housing only. It *seems* to me that these would bolt into the rest of the whole assembly replacing the old housings which is really all that is needed and saving about $110 over a pair of whole assemblies... is this right? Maybe?

By any chance does anyone have any experience with these, is this a viable option to restore the fogs or am I really missing something?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wrong Subaru part number, that one was the actual whole assembly... I'm looking at 84912SA491 which is the lens/housing only...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts