Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5L Forester CVT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner of a '14 2.5L cvt premium, who recently decided to breathe new life into the car by getting a katzkin install with leather that I couldn't afford when I purchased the vehicle originally. I originally had the gray fabric interior, but opted for the black leather since I always wanted it.

The unintended consequence was that all trim pieces no longer matched. I did buy new bushings to match, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the old ones. Anyone have any experience with this?

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
What's the worst that can happen?You don't like the color match and you have to change the bushings?

My impatient self thinks," grab the exposed bushing, with large vicegrips, and just twist it back and forth " while pulling it out,but,I believe that to be the absolute WRONG solution.

·
Registered
2014 2.5L Forester CVT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the worst that can happen?You don't like the color match and you have to change the bushings?

My impatient self thinks," grab the exposed bushing, with large vicegrips, and just twist it back and forth " while pulling it out,but,I believe that to be the absolute WRONG solution.
I had ordered the new bushings first, since they weren't terribly expensive and this way I could see the mechanism on if I could dislodge the piece from the top by releasing a tab or something. Doesn't look very promising, so that's why I wanted to see if anyone else had experience with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts