Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester automatic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi - This is my first post but I have been reading a lot since getting my first Subaru last year. I love it but it has a few issues and I have really appreciated all the expertise shared here.

My current problem - my dog partially chewed through the rear middle seat belt. My fault for leaving it down. The quote I got for replacing it was $225 for the seat belt plus one hour of labour. The mechanic said that he phoned around and could not find a used belt in our area so this price is for a new one. I'd like to spend a lot less if possible.

I've googled around but I haven't been able to find any seat belt that says it is specifically for 2010 Subaru Foresters, just a whole bunch of sites that sell generic belts. I also haven't been able to find a model number for what I need. I have never bought parts online before so I don't know the tricks.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Am I allowed to use a generic belt and, if so, how do I describe what I need? Am I allowed to use a used belt and, if so, how do I find one?

Edited to add: At the time of purchase, I had the belt replaced as part of the recall (so do I now only replace the belt and not the retracting mechanism if that's possible or do I have to replace the entire unit...?)

I am located in Quebec, just outside Ottawa, Ontario, Canada if it matters.

Any other advice is much appreciated! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,064 Posts
Try checking with Jackie at Annapolis Subaru in our vendors section to see what she can get you a OEM one for. She takes good care of all of our members.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,698 Posts
Do you absolutely need one in the center and is it required by law?

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The MSRP is about $208 but most of the dealer online sites have them for around $150, so that's not a terrible price for it installed.

It's all one unit, the 2 buckles, belt, tensioner etc. Part numbers are
Grey: 64660SC000AP
-or-
Black: 64660SC000AR

·
Registered
2012 XT Touring 4EAT
3,751 Posts
My current problem - my dog partially chewed through the rear middle seat belt. My fault for leaving it down. The quote I got for replacing it was $225 for the seat belt plus one hour of labour. The mechanic said that he phoned around and could not find a used belt in our area so this price is for a new one. I'd like to spend a lot less if possible.

I've googled around but I haven't been able to find any seat belt that says it is specifically for 2010 Subaru Foresters, just a whole bunch of sites that sell generic belts. I also haven't been able to find a model number for what I need. I have never bought parts online before so I don't know the tricks.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Am I allowed to use a generic belt and, if so, how do I describe what I need? Am I allowed to use a used belt and, if so, how do I find one?
Find someone parting out a 2010 model vehicle - turbo or not / transmission shouldn't matter. Call your local wrecking yards - auto recyclers. Look on eBay. Try car-part.com. Car-part.com lists several vendors in the $50+ range for Forester "rear seat belts" - not sure what's included.

You will definitely need to know the color and any other unique qualities for this part. Send emails, ask questions, etc. My guess is that seat belts frequently get trash-canned and not re-sold. If it were a front seat belt in daily use, I might suggest getting a new one . . . but for the center rear???

·
Registered
2012 X w/PZEV 4EAT
283 Posts
Also, may be stating the obvious, but 2009-2012 were pretty much the same body, so parts should be interchangeable.

·
Registered
2013 Forester X Automatic
200 Posts
I have seen several wrecked foresters on ebay while doing searches for interior parts like mirrors and window switches. Maybe you can find one and message them about a belt. Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2012 XT Touring 4EAT
3,751 Posts
I have seen several wrecked foresters on ebay while doing searches for interior parts like mirrors and window switches. Maybe you can find one and message them about a belt. Good luck.
+1. Be a squeaky wheel. Ask about parts you don't see listed.

The Foresters you find that are being parted out probably do have rear seatbelts and the former owner probably kept his dog in check ;-)

·
Registered
2010 Forester automatic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much everyone! I'm going to get back to my search now, better equipped thanks to all your info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts