Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, you may have seen the recent mishap involving the cool flappy mud flaps almost tearing the back of my car off, and now I need to look at a replacement rear bumper if I'm not able to fix the mounts.

I've found the part on japanparts.com, there is a £150ish difference between painted and unpainted, any ideas if this is a reasonable amount to spend extra, or would I be able to get someone over here to do it for me cheaper? I figure that they would be able to do a colour match if it is sprayed here so shoudl be able to get a better finish?

Tom.

·
Registered
2005 2.5 XTen & FSti Manual
730 Posts
are they available now? When I last tried to order they were long out of stock but still listed on the Japanparts website unfortunately.

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't gotten as far as ordering it just yet, the website seems to be saying that it is in stock though.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,795 Posts
Most bumperfaces at this vintage would come unpainted.

Looking at the database currently listed as....

Pre-facelift XX57703SA050 (unpainted)
Facelift 57704SA050 (unpainted)

Further update - all listed as 57704SA050

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Don.

I'm going to attempt to remove it this weekend to see if it's repairable, if not I'll have to get one ordered in.

Tom.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Forester STi Manual
204 Posts
Echo the above. In my limited paint experience the best chance to get a decent match will be to have it sprayed locally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts