Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to just get a new PS pulley, not the entire pump assembly? My pulley got bent trying the carabiner trick for crank pulley removal. Looking on Subaru Genuine Parts they only show the whole pump assembly, and Napa doesn't show any stand alone pulley. They did confirm a new pump comes with the pulley installed, but my pump is just fine and I don't want to replace it.

Also, how would one remove the pulley? It appears to not be secured from the front like I would expect.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
The standard N/A pump has a replaceable pulley. On Turbo however, the pulley is pressed onto the shaft and is not removable.

Sorry to tell you, you need a Pump Assy from an 04-07 XT. The parts book shows they used the same P/N for those years. I'm not certain, but in 08 I think they changed the brackets.

Looking at the exploded view, you 'MAY' be able to remove the screw T3 from the pump rear and remove the pulley/shaft assy. But WHERE do you get a replacement? the parts catalog only shows it as an assy.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/info/34430SA000/

Here's the difference between the N/A and the Turbo:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts