Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester X 4spd auto (4EAT)
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The auto dimming mirror in my '06 irritates me, doesn't respond as fast as I'd like. Anyone know of a manual day/night replacement that will snap into the existing socket?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,088 Posts
@Billgiblet I believe '03-'08 manual mirrors would fit.

When we upgraded to auto dimming mirrors, I sold both our manual mirrors to forum members that wanted to replace their mirrors with plain manual mirrors.

You might be able to trade your auto dimming mirror with some one that wants one. :wink:

You do want to get the spring clip that works with the manual mirror, as the one on the auto dimming mirror is slightly different. When installing the auto dimming mirrors, the instructions have you replace the spring clip with the one provided in the installation kit.

You can view my auto dimming mirror/compass installation write up in my Member Journal. I also have the installation instructions posted there:

Auto dimming mirror with compass installed

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2006 Forester X 4spd auto (4EAT)
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a manual mirror for about $20 on ebay, it's great. Took about 2 minutes to install. Darker it the night position, brighter in the day position. Very happy. I never paid any attention to the compass in the old one.
BG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts