Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Replacement key

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  asdrewq 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure if you have to use them, but I remember someone on here offering them, I'll see if if can fish out the link to the chat if it is of interest..

#4 ·
I don't know if this is useful, but you can program any keyfob to your car (at least with the 2 button UK ones). What I have always done is to get a key cut at Timpsons (or whoever), and then buy a used 2 button key from ebay, which I cut the key part off (making a keyfob to keep on the keyring with your new key), and then program your key and remote locking to the car. It's easy and cheap.

#9 ·
It was the picture that convinced me it was Murray!

I wonder if he's away at the moment as I messaged him about something else, replying to a message he sent me, and I've not heard back yet.

He is usually quite active on the forum and FB, so it's a bit odd to have radio silence. Hopefully it's a holiday rather than anything unpleasant.

#10 ·
Does anyone have a phone number for

Subaru Replacement Key Services UK?
I sent them a message on FB 10 days ago but no reply,
Thanks!
Muzza80 on Scoobynet (and many other forums)
Has'nt been on there since 19th August so maybe on holiday.

He doesn't do the keyless entry/push button start type fobs, UK or JDM so far

#11 ·
Worth mentioning that if you fancy it/are interested in stuff like this, getting yourself a remote key is 'DIY-able', if you can be bothered:

For a JDM subaru FSti you'll need a 315mhz remote key from China, e.g:

Along with the compatible immobiliser chip. I can't remember which one the Suabru uses exactly but it is a universal one - That key comes with an ID46. From memory it might be an ID42.

Then it's a case of getting the key blade cut, getting your existing immobiliser chip in your standard key 'cloned' onto the new one (the hardest part & you'll need a vehicle locksmith to do this, or import the appropriate kit - something like this: http://www.vvdishop.com/wholesale/xhorse-vvdi-key-tool.html), & pairing the remote lock/unlock of the new key with the car.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.