Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I've searched high and low... I own a 2002 Subaru Forester S and the green illumination on a few of the controls (rear defogger, cruise, foglight) have burned out.. in the case of the cruise and foglight, both the green standard illumination and the yellow illumination to indicate it is on has burned out over time. It is quite easy to remove the controls and take them apart to replace the bulb, but the bulbs are quite small and I can't seem to find them anywhere.. I suppose I could pay a junkyard for replacement controls, but even that seems like a waste when all I need is the bulbs.

Anyone know where I can get replacements? My local dealer didn't seem to think they sold the bulbs separate from the switches, but I figure SOMEONE has to make them and sell them.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,937 Posts
I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Have you looked at this thread? :confused: I posted a couple links there that might be what you're looking for. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2002 Forester S
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did.. they explain how to get to the switches, the only bulb identified was the one for the auto shifter, which I believe is different? My local auto parts places (AutoZone, Advance Auto, etc) don't seem to carry anything like the ones in the switches, and the dealer wants a crazy amount per light... like $6 a lamp, and has to be special order.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
104 Posts
Yeah I did.. they explain how to get to the switches, the only bulb identified was the one for the auto shifter, which I believe is different? My local auto parts places (AutoZone, Advance Auto, etc) don't seem to carry anything like the ones in the switches, and the dealer wants a crazy amount per light... like $6 a lamp, and has to be special order.
I concur. I am having the same difficulty trying to figure out what bulb bases go where. There is no clear "list" that I have found that mentions bulb specs for different interior illuminations. The key areas I would like to know are bulb replacements for the auto-shifter and speedometer. Also, if I were to consider going the LED route, is it a straight foward bulb swap and to what bases? For the reading/map lights, is there a festoon with LEDs that is an easy swap, without any other fiddling?:confused:

There is a lot of instruction on how to do it, though, and that is a HUGE help.

Thanks for listening to my lamenting....:icon_frown:

·
Registered
2000 Forester
25 Posts
I found this on a link through the Festoon website:

sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/]OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

(can't post links b/c I'm not at 15 posts yet so sorry for the copy and paste)

You just enter your make and model into the drop down menu and it pulls a list of all the bulbs in your car with part numbers.

I'm Googling the part numbers right now for the sizes. For instance, I searched for DE3175, the map light in 2000, and found a result saying it was 31mm.

There has to be a better way but that might help steer us in the right direction :mob:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts